I want to introduce a military trick to help you fall asleep in 2 minutes. After just six weeks of practice, 96% of pilots could fall asleep within 120 seconds.
If it works for combat pilots, it will work for you, regardless of how stressed you are about that meeting tomorrow. Here’s how to do it:
1. Breathe slowly and deeply, relaxing the muscles in your face. Release any tension in your forehead, jaw, and around your eyes.
2. Relax your body. Start with your shoulders, dropping them as low as possible. Then loosen your upper and lower arm on one side and then the other.
3. While breathing in deeply and exhaling slowly, relax your upper body and then release any tension in your legs, from your thighs to your lower legs.
4.After your entire body has been relaxed for 10 seconds, you have to clear your mind. This can be done by doing one of the following:
– Imagine yourself lying in a canoe on a serene lake with blue sky above you.
– Picture yourself all cosy and warm in a black velvet hammock in a pitch-black room.
– Say ‘don’t think, don’t think, don’t think’ over and over again for 10 seconds.
Once you are physically relaxed and your mind is empty for at least 10 seconds, you’ll fall asleep.
Within two minutes, you’ll be out like a light. Remember 96% of combat pilots achieved success after six weeks of practice. These weeks of practice are a worthwhile investment, because once you have it down, you can nap and sleep anywhere, which will dramatically improve your quality of life.
Aaron Smith : quora.com
Read more :